Autism Services Directory
This strategy aims to ensure that children and adults with ASD are supported throughout their whole life journey to lead meaningful lives, have access to equal opportunities in terms of learning, emotional and physical well-being and have an improved quality of life.
Consultation with stakeholders highlighted issues around the lack of clarity on locally available services, as well as the exclusion of individuals with ASD from many main stream opportunities.
Whilst the majority of parents with children of school age reported positive experiences due to the quality of support provided by school, it is evident that when children leave school that support often falls apart.
In the process of implementing the strategy we have developed a Directory of Services which details information of over 185 local services. The directory includes information on the type of service provided, eligibility criteria, route of referral, and contact details.
The range of support available is categorised under the following headings:
• Children's Day Care and Care at Home Services
• Children's Services for Early Years
• Support available for Education
• Children's residential schools
• Adult Day Care and Care at Home Services
• Adult Residential Services
• Further Education Support Services
• Employment Support Services
• Information Services
• Advocacy Services
• Social Groups and Leisure Centres
• Carer Support Services
• Training Services
• Holiday and Respite Services for people with ASD
• Respite for Carers
• Sexual Health and Relationship Services
• Mediation and Legal Services
• Benefits advice